Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Little house in the prairie

Earlier I have made a small pouch for a friend.  My friend is the only female I know who refuses to take a handbag.  She likes to keep everything in her pocket.  According to her, it's easier and safer.  When I first got to know her, she will stuff everything into her pocket.  Coins, notes, tissues, etc.  Credit card and IC were kept in her purse which is kept in a work bag.  So, I thought it will be easier if I make her a small pouch that she can keep her notes and coins and tissues together.  It was so useful according to her, that she start keeping credit cards, IC and other cards in it.  I must say, it was really convenient.  She named it, "Little House in the Prairie".

My friend loves to give name to anything and anyone.  I asked her why this name.  She said it's because in the drama with the same title, the girls used small pouches like this, very dainty and ladylike.  LOL!!!


This new pouch as seen above was given to her for her birthday in May.  She loves butterfly.  Hope she will find it useful and hope it will last longer than the previous one.  



This pouch is 100% handmade as I don't have a sewing machine.  I have found some leftover tetra-cotton cloth and downloaded free butterfly cross-stitch design online and started my project.  It took me 3 days to complete (not 24 hours though as I have a full-time job).  I must say, the handiwork is not that great as I tend to 'trial and error' a lot.  


No comments:

Post a Comment