Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Blessing - 福

I have planned to hang the 10 auspicious chinese characters in my bedroom.  At first, I was thinking maybe I should paint it but I am really not good in painting.  So, why not make a cross-stitch design instead?  First, I downloaded a suitable chinese font.  Then enlarge it and using a free trial cross-stitch design software that I have downloaded online, I converted the chinese character into cross-stitch and start stitching with whatever leftover cross-stitch thread and cloth that I have in my stock.


I have decided to start with the chinese character 福 which means 'Blessings.'  The frame is bought from Ikea.  Cross-stitch is on 10-count cloth and the thread is DMC 666.  Again, I love to 'trial and error' and just decided to sew without thinking of the size and all.  Luckily it fit perfectly into the ready-made frame.


This chinese character is the most popular one.  Many chinese will hang this chinese character in their house to bring in good blessings.


Wish everyone a blessed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment